Canyoning on the french riviera and cote d’azur
THE BEST CANYONING DESCENTS IN NICE, FRENCH ALPS, SOUTH OF FRANCE…
Doing canyoning or canyoneering is walking down a river equipped with a wetsuit, harness, helmet and good shoes. The way in white water is a mix of walk, jumps, natural slides and rappelling.
South of France parts of the French Alps is a world-class destination for canyoning and the Alpes-Maritimes region has some of the best descents. The stunning scenery, crystal clear water and the variety of the canyons attract both holiday makers looking for a challenging activity and serious canyoning enthusiasts alike.
Nice, Cannes, Monaco and Grasse, Cote d’Azur and french Riviera are one of the most well known places for doing canyoning in the world.
Of course you need to do canyoning with a certificate and professional guide, that’s what I propose you. I do guiding for more than 12 years and I’ve got all the certificates for white water canyoning.
The easiest is the one of the canyon of the Gorges du Loup and the hardest la Maglia or Morghé-Maglia. You’ll find all the explanations below or in the canyon menu.
You can find the best canyon for you and your family from about 6 years old and in the other way you can make full of adrenaline with many jumps up to ten meters if you want.
With a certificate guide you’ll go without any pressure and enjoy a perfect day in a fantastic area.
Either you stay in Antibes, Cannes, Grasse, Nice, Menton or Monaco, there is a canyon at less than 45 minutes drive.
Appointments are made directly on place of activity.
Our page Map of activities will provide you all the informations required.
For more informations about canyoning on the Alpes Maritimes, I suggest you to look at the leaflet Randoxygènes written by the Conseil Général des Alpes Maritimes (in french only) :
Randoxygene website for canyoning in the French Alpes-Maritimes
- sport shoes with lace, no open shoes,
- swimming costume,
- neopren wetsuit,
- bags and hermetic boxes for full days (for picnics).
By phone or email to get our availabilities.
To confirm booking we’ll need:
- a name and a phone number,
- the number of participants,
- heights and weights of each of you for wetsuits (how high in meters and how many kilos).
We accept payments by:
Payment has to be done the day of activity directly to the guide at your arrival.
We do not provide payment by credit card.
By booking you accept our terms of sale.
- take a waterproof camera if you have,
- we accept GoPro or else but on your own responsibility in case of injury or damage. Take your own mounts like chest harness, we don’t have mounts on our helmets, it is not allowed.
- don’t bring expensive belongings as we’ll have to let them in the cars.
- we don’t take mobile phones or camera in hermetic boxes as we can damage them…
- if you wear glasses it’s better to have a leash.
-5€ for kids under 12 years
(proof needed, only on half day tours)